If you ask, what is the essential equipment for boxing? There is no doubt that it is gloves.
When training, you can not wear professional boxer shorts, boxer shoes, head protectors, crotch protectors, but you can not wear gloves.
There are many brands of boxing gloves on the market, which have caught the eye of many entry-level boxers.
- What is A Good Pair of Boxing Gloves?
- Top 5 Boxing Gloves
- How To Choose The Right Material of Boxing Gloves
What is A Good Pair of Boxing Gloves?
First of all, we should be comfortable, hold our fists effortlessly, the thumb can bend naturally, and the whole body can breathe.
Secondly, it is protective, the connection between the main body and the wrist should not be too loose, and the package is strict. Otherwise, it is easy to twist the wrist.
Finally, functionality, that is, the sense of hitting, first of all, the fight should be found. Otherwise, the fight will be very awkward.
Moreover, the degree of hardness and softness. Generally speaking, the harder the gloves are, the more painful it will be. The softer the gloves are, the better the protection of the fists will be.
So the gloves for the competition are generally thinner and harder, and the gloves for training are usually thicker and softer.
How should we choose the right boxing gloves? Next, we will give you a list of the best boxing gloves on the market!
Top 5 Boxing Gloves
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Constructed with synthetic leather cover for durable, long lasting, ultra-resilient, it is easy to clean and maintain. Ideal for all boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, MMA, sparring training and fitness workouts
- FABRIC: The fabric is made of metallic PU leather which makes the gloves stronger and more durable.
- A REVOLUTIONIZED TRAINING GLOVE: You need a glove that checks all of the boxes, from protection and comfort to durability and fit. T3 Boxing Gloves do just that, with a decade of sports science & research to back it up. This modern training glove offers world-renowned protection with patented technology of a new era.
- 【Inner Impact Protection】 Our VELO boxing gloves are intelligently designed to evenly disperse the shock along the mitts to prevent injuries to the hand, thumb, or wrist. Our pro boxing pads feature compact fit and triple-density injected foam to ensure hand safety.
- Premium synthetic leather combined with excellent construction provides lasting durability
Last update on 2021-06-14 at 22:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How To Choose The Right Material of Boxing Gloves
The material of boxing gloves is mainly made of fabric and inner gallbladder.
Fabrics are roughly divided into PU, super fiber, and dermis, and if these three materials are subdivided, they are also divided into many grades.
Low-quality PU has weak tear resistance, tensile, and wear resistance, which will break in a little time, while high-quality PU can last for a long time.
Ultrafine leather has strong tear resistance, tension resistance, wear resistance and aging resistance, but there is a layer of color film on the surface of ordinary Ultrafine leather,
So it is not breathable. Only the top Ultrafine leather can breathe, and the cost of the Ultrafine top leather is even higher than the real leather.
The dermis has good air permeability, but most of them are comfortable to wear and tear, need regular oil maintenance, and the price is very high.
Inner gallbladder material, standard polyurethane, natural latex, horsehair, and so on.
The cost of polyurethane is relatively low, so the entry-level gloves are usually made of polyurethane as an inner liner.
Natural latex is made from the sap of the rubber tree with a specific age. It has the advantages of air permeability and bacteriostasis.
The middle and high-end boxing gloves are generally multi-layer natural latex composite inner liner.
The boxing gloves of horsehair inner gallbladder have little elasticity and hurt a lot,
So many professional competitions use horsehair inner gallbladder as the boxing gloves.
Some professional boxing gloves are made of horsehair and latex to consider the impact and protection.