Keeping your exercise room organized is a lot easier if you have the proper dumbbell rack.
Don’t try to improvise with something that wasn’t designed for weights.
You don’t want your dumbbell stand breaking and sending weights falling everywhere.
This is not only an issue of tidiness but a safety issue.
Top 5 Dumbbell Rack[amazon bestseller=”Dumbbell Rack” items=”5″]
8 Things to consider before buying a dumbbell rack:
- Space – How much room do you have for the stand? There are compact type dumbbells that take a lot less place than regular weight racks. If you only have a small space, you might consider one of the compact weight units.
- A vertical rack holds a lot of dumbbells but takes less room than a horizontal rack.
- What type of weights do you need to store? Are you storing dumbbells, or do you need a barbell rack with a place for bars and plates?
- Amount of weight capacity– Do you have a 50 lb. Dumbbell set? Or a 150 lb. Set? This will make a difference in the type and size of the rack you need.
- What stores should you shop at? Sports Authority, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sears, and the Academy are all recognized as leaders in sports equipment. You can find their retail stores locally or shop online. They all have online web stores now.
- Price – The type of weight set you want also has to balance with your budget. If you need to save some money on your purchase, consider a store like Play It Again Sports where they sell used equipment.
- Manufacturer – Be sure you buy from a manufacturer that’s been around for a while. Companies like Body-Solid make high-quality weights. Reebok is known for its shoes, but they also make sports equipment, including weight plate racks. Find out what kind of warranty they offer.
- Installation – Find out how hard it is to assemble the unit and if it needs to be secured to the wall or floor. Find out if you’ll need any additional parts or if everything is included.