Treadmill mats are very commonly forgotten when people purchase a new treadmill.
Sadly, when they get home, set up their new fitness equipment, and start using it, they then realize that they forgot an essential accessory.
Treadmill mats are useful for many reasons and are one of the most financially sound investments for any treadmill owner.
The cost of a mat for treadmills is not expensive but is determined by the size, thickness, and material.
|SuperMats Heavy Duty P.V.C. Mat for Cardio- Fitness Products (2.5-Feet x 5-Feet)||5.8 pounds||2.5-Feet x 5-Feet)||4.6|
|SuperMats Heavy Duty P.V.C. Mat for Treadmills/Ski Machine (2.5-Feet x 6-Feet)||7.6 pounds||2.5-Feet x 6-Feet||4.4|
|ProImpact Treadmill Mat #PF36786BLK0||16.7 pounds||10 x 96 inches||4.6|
|BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Exercise Bike Equipment Mat||6.5 pounds||3-feet x 6.5-feet||4.7|
|Body Solid RF36T Treadmill Mat||9.3 pounds||78 x 36 x 0.1 inches||4.5|
Top 5 Treadmill Mat For Carpet, Concrete & Hardwood Floors
- High density mat helps protect your floors and carpets from the damage effects of heavy exercise equipment’s
- DURABILITY: This heavy-duty, durable and waterproof exercise mat prolongs the life of your equipment by helping prevent floor and carpet dust from entering belts and mechanical parts
- HIGH-IMPACT FOAM SURFACE– Constructed from premium 1/4-inch EVA foam, this gym mat boasts a sturdy construction that resist damages against high impacts caused by dropping equipment such as barbells, dumbbells, kettle bells, and wall balls during training
- PROTECTIVE FLOOR MAT: Super-tough, durable mat helps protect your floors and carpets from the damaging effects of heavy exercise equipment and debris from mechanical parts
- Exercise equipment mat: measuring 24 inches by 48 inches, this protective floor mat stays safely in place under most large treadmills
Last update on 2021-03-04 at 11:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1#: Rubber-Cal Treadmill Mat – Best For Carpet
This mat for treadmill machines will cover the footprint of most home or commercial treadmills. This is the most durable and sturdy treadmill mat in the market today.
2#: ProImpact Treadmill Mat – Best Treadmill Mat To Reduce Noise
This mat is nice and thick, and it protects the carpet under your treadmill. It is very durable and fits your treadmill nicely.
3#: Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat – Best For Wood Floors
It is for protecting floors from unsightly blemishes and scuffs, and it does best works with stationary bikes, elliptical trainers, rowing machines, home gyms, and more.
Why You Need a Treadmill Mat
A treadmill mat is not only a safety device meant to protect the floor but also a safety device to keep the treadmill from sliding around.
This type of mat provides stability, as treadmills tend to vibrate from the belt mechanism and slide around a bit. It will prevent the treadmill from moving around and keep the user from being jolted off.
These mats also protect the floor underneath from being scratched from the motion and from being warped or marred from the heat that the treadmill generates.
They also absorb some of the vibrations that are created by the belt mechanism and keeps the area that treadmill is located in quieter.
Without proper padding, even small usage on a treadmill can wreak havoc on someone’s floor, especially if that floor is wood or laminate.
The use of a treadmill can destroy Even carpet floors. Since no type of flooring is cheaper than $50, it makes sense to pay for that ounce of prevention upfront.
The only exception to this would be if you are placing the equipment directly on a concrete floor, then you don’t have to worry about the floor, but you do have to worry about the condition of the treadmill.
The best treadmill mats also provide cushioning and care for the treadmill itself, especially for heavy users.
A good 3/4 inch thick treadmill mat can do wonders for keeping the treadmill balanced and will help reduce wear and tear that is compulsory overtime to the machine.
Nothing is worse than having a wonderful treadmill break down or be wobbly as you run because it has become warped over time.
For this reason, it’s best to get a mat for your treadmill no matter where you will be placing it.